Planning to visit Tokyo for the first time? Your head must be spinning with questions and concerns!
- What are the most useful Japanese words/phrases
- How do I navigate without getting lost?
- How do I prevent committing social faux pas?
- How do I order food at restaurants?
Don’t worry! Even if it’s your very first time setting foot in this megalopolis, you can explore Tokyo like a true native if you learn the basics at the start of your stay from a friendly and knowledgeable local guide.
This tour is led by beloved guide – Haruka; born and raised in Tokyo, she will use her rich experience and perfect English to guide you through all the must-sees and hidden gems of Tokyo, all whilst educating you with fascinating facts about history and culture, and equipping you with everyday-life Japan survival tips that will rescue you afterwards (should you wish to stay longer).
Skip the planning pains and leave it to our professional guide Haruka – you can rely on her to create some unforgettable Tokyo memories. You can learn more about Haruka here and reach out to her at [email protected]
Our recommended day visit area for first-timers:
- Tsukiji（Fish market gone but still fascinating and must-see place
- Waterbus ride（40min river cruise from Asakusa to Hamarikyu garden）
- Asakusa（Home to Tokyo’s oldest semso-ji temple）
- Tokyo station（beautiful station building with over 100 years of history
- Imperial palace East garden（where the great shogun of the Edo Period resided）
- Ginza（high-end shopping district）
- Meiji shrine（magnificent shrine in an enormous manmade forest
- Ueno（Peaceful large park with museums and known for cherry blossom drinking party under Sakura in Spring）
- Yanaka（Peaceful Old Tokyo neighborhood with small galleries without high-rise building）
- Tokyo skytree town（Tallest tower in Japan and second tallest tower in the world）
- Akihabara（Paradise for anime, figurines and games）
- Harajuku（the famous Takeshita Street full of Kawaii fashion）
- Shibuya（where the iconic scramble crossing is）
- Kawaii Café monster café（meet cute and colorful monsters and bizarre food）
- Owls, Birds or Hedghog café（You can pet and they will bring whatever you request to your table.）
- Shinjuku（The large entertainment, business and shopping area）
We look forward to welcoming you to Tokyo!
- Solo-travelers, senior citizens, families with naughty kids, and large groups.
- Travelers who are keen to experience and understand Japanese culture.
- People who want to make a local friend in Tokyo!
- Hotel pickup service is only available for visitors based in central Tokyo or within a 8-minute walk from a station. Please let us know the location of your hotel so that we can check your eligibility for this service.
- The best recommendations and tips for the rest of your Japan adventure!
- Transportation fees e.g. car, taxi, bus, waterbus, subway, and train.
- Entrance fee for museums, gardens, or other facilities which are not free of charge.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
*A full refund will be provided within 7 days (Japan Standard Time) prior to your booking.
*A 50% refund will be provided within 6-3 days (Japan Standard Time) prior to your booking.
*No refund will be provided if you fail to turn up on the day of the experience or if you cancel within 2 days (Japan Standard Time).