Shinjuku, being the largest city in Tokyo, naturally offers much to do and see during the day, however the city really comes to life when the sun goes down. If you only have a couple of hours to spare but want to experience the local life of Shinjuku, or simply want to get acquainted with the city, then this carefully-planned personal tour will efficiently make the most of your time.
Here is the overview of what you will see and visit
- Start at world’s busiest station – JR Shinjuku West Exit.
- Stunning views from the 45th viewing floor of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government building, where you will also get a chance to play on a polka-dot piano created by the famous artist Yayoi Kusama.
- Basement-level department stores called Depachika, where you will see a wide variety of food on sale.
- The post-war drinking spot Omoide-yokocho aka Piss Alley which is lined with Japanese pubs (Izakaya)*.
- Kabuki-cho: Tokyo’s largest entertainment hub and red-light district.
- Golden-Gai: a hodgepodge of alleyways with approximately 300 tiny bars.
- Hanazono shrine: this venerable, historical local shrine will give you a chance to meet the illustriousness god of fertility.
*If you want to check out some of the local Japanese pubs (Izakaya) then our guide can teach you how and what to do order. However please let us know in advance if this interests you so that your guide can plan accordingly.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- A full refund will be provided within 7 days (Japan Standard Time) prior to your booking.
- A 50% refund will be provided within 6-3 days (Japan Standard Time) prior to your booking.
- No refund will be provided if you fail to turn up on the day of the experience or if you cancel within 2 days (Japan Standard Time).